Cryptobrachid Interest Group Grants
The Ron Goellner Conservation Fund and Jennifer Elwood Hellbender Conservation Grant were initiated to support projects that uphold conservation priorities for giant aquatic salamanders. The CIG grant committee prefers projects that are broad in scope and over-all impact for the taxa in general and will select applications for funding based on the following:
- Broadness of application for conservation of giant salamanders.
- Field conservation of species and their habitats or mitigation of threats.
- Innovative education initiatives to benefit species at risk and their habitats.
- Research that has direct application to the health or recovery of species at risk.
- Partnerships and permits are approved and demonstrated.
CIG 2018 Grant Application will be available in early 2018.